Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Laugh

Well....

Kids laugh at the darndest things. Farts. Burps. The words fart and burp. Anything to do with poop. Cartoons. Animals. Basically anything that farts, burps or poops. Kind of strange if you think about it. I am a world class farter so my kids have plenty to laugh about.

What concerns me is how we lose the ability to laugh as we age. We worry if people are laughing at us and not with us. We worry if it is the right thing to do. We wonder if it really is funny and by the time we're done analyzing it, it ain't so funny no more. So gradually we laugh less. What a shame.

I want to belly laugh. I want to laugh until milk flies out my nose. I want to laugh until I fart. I want to laugh until my sides ache. I have done the milk thing before but it was water and good thing too as the friends I was playing Euchre with might have had an unpleasant experience as well. Good thing they laughed.

I have a friend who needs to laugh. She needs a good belly ripping, nose snorting, something coming out of an orifice somewhere kind of laugh. She needs to laugh with abandon. She needs to laugh with freedom. She needs to laugh without worrying about farting. She needs to laugh it all away.

I have made it my mission to help my friend and I laugh more. I'm not sure how but I think it is a worthy cause. Some days there is so little to laugh over. Having an A child can make the laughs hard to find. They can make you laugh because you are so hysterical but that usually ends in tears and is not the kind of laughter that I mean. I want to laugh my ass off literally and figuratively. I want to belly laugh for hours or at least 10 minutes.

I've had missions to get through my dad's cancer. I've had missions to get through my parent's divorce. I've had missions to get through my mom's alcoholism. I've had missions to get through my dad's death. I've had missions to punish lawyers. I am currently on a mission to save my son. I think I have forgotten that I am a worthy mission. My sanity and well being are a worthy mission. So my mission now is to laugh as much as possible. I plan to take my friend along for the mission as she is valuable to me as a friend and fellow A parent. She is valuable to me as someone I respect and admire. She is someone who won't be disgusted if I fart or snort while I laugh, which is very important.

So look out world, I am on a mission. I've been successful so far on my missions and I don't plan to fail now. There are two important people at stake here and I happen to be one of them. And I plan to LAUGH.

hahahahahahahahahahahah oooohhhhh hahahahahahahahah ooooohhhh fart hahahahahahahaha burp hahahahahahahah snort hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Much better.

No comments: